Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to buy an instrument before starting lessons?
- You will need something to practice on from day one.
- Am I ready for a full-size instrument?
- Best if you can try some for size; a shop should be willing to offer advice.
- Nylon-strung guitars ('classical' or 'spanish') are available in 1/2 size and 3/4 size (full size is also called 4/4 size).
- Nylon strings are easier than steel strings on the fingers.
- Steel-strung guitars and electric guitars are less common in small sizes.
- At what age could anyone start playing guitar?
- I currently have no guitar pupils over 55 years old.
- I would recommend that tiny enthusiasts start on ukulele.
Back to Guitar Tuition